Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Christmas Card

Going through my old stuff gave me another reason to keep all these things other people call junk. All of them are part of my history. They are what made me the person I am today. Each item symbolizes a lesson that I have picked up over the years, whether it is academic or not.

I found a Christmas card someone gave me. I've censored the names with asterisks (*) for, well, privacy reasons. Hehe...

WARNING: CAN BE TOO SENTIMENTAL FOR YOUR TASTE.

December 16, 2000

Dearest Lj,

Hey you! It's Christmas na naman. Actually, I don't feel that Christmassy this year... probably because of all the things that are happening to me that I can't quite cope (even though I've tried my best). I'll shut up na about that.

We've gotten close over the summer and having you as my friend is certainly one of the best things that has happened to me. I am so lucky to have you as my friend even though in the previous months I took you for granted. Four people have advised you to dump me and I would have understood if you followed their advice. However, you didn't and I am forever thankful to God for giving you such a forgiving heart. Lj? Maraming salamat sa lahat na ginawa mo para sa akin especially during the times when I needed someone to talk to the most. Pasensya ka na kung nagkamali ako, asahan mo na lang na ginagawa ko ang lahat para magbago ako. I don't want to hurt you like that again. Thanks for sticking by me throughout our friendship. Thanks for taking me as your friend one more time... for letting me have another chance to show you how sorry I am for what I've done and to make myself be worthy of your friendship. I owe you a lot and I hope someday I can repay you. Oh yeah, thanks for introducing me to *****. Without you, we would never have met and enjoy each others' company.

I still want to say some more (things that you've made a difference in me). But I don't want to take up another card space. Anyway, this is what I can tell you: you inspire me to become a better friend.

Merry Christmas JJ! I hope you and your family will have a marvelous Christmas together. I love you, my friend. Happy New Year na rin.

Love,
**** *.

PS Among other things I want to thank you for; thanks for the quesadillas when I was sick with the flu.

She was the only person who ever called me JJ. Ever.

I'm sure you're happy and even if we drifted apart, I'm still thankful for all the happy memories. I told you this before, and I'll say it again: All those times, when things were getting complicated, I was always thinking about you and how you could get hurt. I'm sorry... again... and whether or not we can still bring back the past, just remember that I'm just here, the same way you were for me that fateful night when I learned the truth and called you.

Hope you had a great holiday. And, funny as this may sound, I guess we can call it quits.


Comments:
that's a bit heavy... >.<
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?